logo

What Many Non-Christians Think of Christians

logo
What Many Non-Christians Think of Christians

A recent national study featured focus groups from around the country. Non-Christians were asked to say the first thing that came to their mind when they thought of a Christian. This is what they said:

“Mixguided, crazy, selective hearing, psychologically manipulative, dangerous, hypocrites, corruption, dogma, scamming, indoctrinating kids who are too young to think for themselves (homeschooling), oppression, they want to be told what to do, conformity, ignorance, blind acceptance, weak personality, close-minded, seem to be a little too happy (it’s creepy!), overbearing, militant, recruiting, reprogramming (discipleship), brainwashing (Sunday School), extremists, almost a gang, obnoxious, I think of creepy old white men, anti-science, organized religion, yuck, turning into a monster, creepy old people, whack-job religion.”

Source: http://youtu.be/I_QPKam4FjA

Is this what you think of when you think of a Christian?

Israel Wayne is an Author and Conference Speaker and Director of Family Renewal, LLC.
Photo credit: danny.hammontree / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND

8 Responses to “What Many Non-Christians Think of Christians”

1. Kevin says:

I would rather be a creep, a whack-job, and/or an extremist in the eye’s of men, than all those things in the eye’s of God. Let them say what they will for the day is coming when there mouths will be closed. They will have no words too say in there own defense, as they stand before the one whose name they spent their lifetimes using as a cuss word, and who they mocked as being a fantasy.

2. Carl G. Oehling says:

So what else is new? Satan and his minions are liars.

3. Tom says:

We should be praying for these people.

4. Dan-o says:

As expected for a post-christian society. If anything shows the lack of influence Christianity is having in the culture at large this would be a good indicator. The Church lost the bubble two generations ago and decided to retreat from culture rather than redeem it –now we see the result. Believers, it is not too late! Regaining ground lost will take sacrifice and a lot of sustained effort and another generation or so. o you have a long term vision or are you short-sighted?

5. Dan-o says:

That should be: Do you have a long term vision or are you short-sighted?

6. Debbie says:

I agree with Tom, we should be praying for them. It is very sad for a man to go to hell, let alone whole generations. I loose sleep over all of this, it gives me nightmares and is on my mind constantly. I know they will be proven wrong someday, that does not make me feel better. I want them to see the truth now. There are far to many people in hell now. Hell wasent made for people, it was made for the devil and his followers, not people, people were supposed to go to heaven and it makes me feel horrible to think of anyone in hell for all eternity. I have to end now b/c it makes me ill